Upstate Cerebral Palsy - Horrible would not recommend to anyone! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Upstate Cerebral Palsy

"Horrible would not recommend to anyone!"

Current Employee - Residence Counselor/AMAP in Frankfort, NY
Current Employee - Residence Counselor/AMAP in Frankfort, NY

I have been working at Upstate Cerebral Palsy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alright health benefits. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy!

Cons

Everything. The pay for what you do and have to go through on a day to day basis is terrible. We are SEVERELY under paid, management sucks and only cares about themselves. Its the only job I've ever worked at that you can and will get written up for just about ANYTHING they can find to do so. The turnover rate is through the roof for a reason. The pay is crap. If anyone gets abused its us workers. I spend more time working than I do with my own family and still don't make a paycheck that pays the bills. They don't like to give raises I know people who have worked here for over 5 years and still only makes a little over 10 dollars an hour! I've had concussions, have had my head split open, been punched, kicked spit on face and all and verbally abused by individuals and we don't get hazard pay or get a decent pay for that matter. This company certainly just does not care! I could go on for days with this company and their faults!

Advice to Management

Take care of your workers with better pay and more respect if it wasn't for us this company wouldn't be here! That goes for lou tehan too! Look around lou the average pay is about 13.00 an hour and in fact we should make at least that regardless!!!! Pretty soon ill be able to go flip burgers for what you pay us!

Other Employee Reviews for Upstate Cerebral Palsy

"The Truth Through Jaded Eyes"

Current Employee - Residence Counselor/AMAP in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Residence Counselor/AMAP in Utica, NY

I have been working at Upstate Cerebral Palsy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The biggest perk of working as a direct care professional is of course seeing the impact on the indivdual's that you work on a daily basis with. This is a kind of payment for doing your job that doesn't have a monetary value, but there is something to be said for the emotional value of it. This company does offer full-time employment to people that have little to no training or experience in this field, but only as a grunt worker. The benefits are decent and if you can handle the drama and stress, it's an okay place to work.

Cons

Not nearly enough money for what you actually do, especially if you are an AMAP (Approved Medication Administration Person). Management is terrible to work with, the only thing the worry about is if the documentation is getting done so the agency gets paid. Stress is a huge concern for the direct care workers but it never seems to make it to management who just compounds the issues instead of solving them. You can get written up for just about anything if a manager doesn't like you, and you can't even call them on it because they'll just terminate you for insubordination. It's a very stressful and drama-filled work environment

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and pay the people who do all the hard work, both physical and mental, the amount they actually deserve.

2. "Gratifying"

Current Employee - Manager in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Utica, NY

I have been working at Upstate Cerebral Palsy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to make a difference in peoples lives on a daily basis

Cons

Can be demanding at times but well worth it at the end