Cover image for Upstatement

Great people, hard projects

Designer
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn from awesome people in a supportive environment that values design

Cons

Projects can be tricky, standards are very high.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Jan 4, 2022
        Current Employee, less than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

While it might be cliche, the caliber of people at Upstatement is a huge draw. Every single person is thoughtful, engaged, self-aware, kind, and doing their best. The agency has an impressive client list, "no jerks" client policy, commitment to work-life balance. Great place to contribute to the craft of building a business, with ample opportunity to provide feedback and pilot new ideas.

Cons

The company has grown substantially and is actively working on building out operational support for employees generally and project teams specifically. Senior leadership is stretched across creative and operational work, so the pace of change + improvement can be slower than the timeline an employee might hope for. Diversity across race, gender, and sexuality at senior levels has a lot of room for improvement. Because employees tend to stay here a long time, most diversity increases happen through growth rather than turnover, which slows the rate at which the company broadens its representation and perspectives.

1. 4.0
          Jan 27, 2023
          Designer
          Current Employee
          Boston, MA
          Business Outlook

Pros

Work with great people and flexible work environments

Cons

Additional responsibilities outside role expectations

Discover more reviews about Upstatement.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

190.9K

Underwriter

I've completed an initial phone screening interview, followed by a 2-hour interview with the Department VP. Next in the process are three separate 90-minute peer interviews. Is there a possibility of another interview after the peer interviews, or should I anticipate receiving an offer?

0 Comments

Administrative Assistant

I have an interview with the owner coming up and how would you answer if the they ask when I can start when I have two set/booked vacations in the upcoming months? For reference: I leave for one in 2 weeks for a month and the other one is in the beginning of December for 2 weeks. I don’t want to say immediately because of the trips, but if I don’t say immediately then I might lose the job. Help!

4 Comments

Postdoctoral Researcher

Hello guys, I applied as Chemical engineer in a big company and I did with them all the interview steps (last one on 05/09/23), at the time of the interview there was no job opening and I got the interview through another division. Last week I received an email saying that they will let me know their final decision by the end of this week. Today I have received an email (with the job description attached) scheduling a call in few days for sharing the decision. Do they want to reject me on call?

7 Comments

Upstatement Photos

+ Add Photo
        Upstatement photo of: A laser-focused lead designer if we've ever seen one
        Upstatement photo of: Couch collab
        Upstatement photo of: The highest SPCR (smiles per conference room) rate in greater Boston
        Upstatement photo of: Impromptu hallway collaboration
        Upstatement photo of: Couch collabs are a common occurrence
        Upstatement photo of: Kitchen views