VCA Antech - Corporate and Regional Management questionable | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VCA Antech

"Corporate and Regional Management questionable"

Former Employee - Management
Former Employee - Management

I worked at VCA Antech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good employee discount
Might be lucky to work at a decent individual hospital resulting in good coworker relationships

Cons

Minimal training provided from the corporate office so it's hit or miss whether the environment will be good.
Terrible pay structure for staff and veterinarians. Veterinary pay structure conflicts with time off benefits. Poor time off benefits for all staff
Policies and procedures inconsistent. Observed questionable unethical decisions made by regional and some hospital management. Failure to treat employees consistently and senior corporate management takes very little interest in field/hospital employees. Employee terminations have been due to personal dislike versus a business decision.

Advice to Management

Senior management has to invest in better forums to determine the best for the company and not rely so much on regional management (they are not always the best source for information or decisions). Policies and procedures should be tightened so less opportunity for unethical damaging decisions; however, there should also be compromise and collaboration between the regional managers and field staff for the best for each individual hospital. Field staff deserve better pay, benefits, recognition and fair, honest treatment.

Other Employee Reviews for VCA Antech

"horrible benefit, no culture, not a happy camper"

Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at VCA Antech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

middle management is cool. office space is nice.

Cons

this company make the employee pay most of the insurance premium! and the coverage is horrible. if you get sick you will pay 10,000 dollars out of your pocket because the policy covers barely anything. it's a joke!

and they only have 10 holidays per year. and do not allow IT people to work from home. that is STUPID.

Advice to Management

open up your eyes and treat your talented employees with better benefit or they can always leave for a better benefit.

"Kennel Tech aka Pet Care Specialist..."

Current Employee - Kennel Tech in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Kennel Tech in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at VCA Antech part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule.
    Co-workers are very nice.
    Customers are mostly very nice.
    Facility is nice and well kept plus clean.

Cons

Pay, they start you at minimum wage and you will never receive a pay wage.
    Some customers are picky and slightly rude.
    Can be stressful at times but mostly enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Kennel techs do your hard grunt work and you need us so stop thinking of us as disposable. Pay what we are worth, you can't run the pet lodge without us, you wouldn't have people to feed patients, clean up after them, walk patients, do all the hospital laundry, do dishes, keep the hospital clean and sanitary without us. VCA needs kennel techs so start acting like you appreciate us.