VFA - Good Company, Great space. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VFA

"Good Company, Great space."

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at VFA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great people
* Well respected products
* Leader in the industry
* Innovative products
* Very approachable CEO. Values your opinion.

Cons

* Continue to promote outdated products
* no 401K matching

VFA Response

Mar 18, 2013

Correction: The 401(k) Plan does has a matching componant to it. The annual employer match is discretionary and it is funded once per year, if approved. In my 6+ years with the firm, the match has... More

Other Employee Reviews for VFA

1. "Good Place to work with good people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Nice people to work with .. great team and opportunities to work with nice technology

Cons

Product and sales seem to be the main issue

Advice to Management

Keep up improving

2. "Over all it's a great company but they don't take time to really train their employees with data entry."

Current Employee - Field Assessor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Assessor in Boston, MA

Pros

I enjoyed the field travel and working with teams of three, my comrades. Company pays for flights, hotels, rental cars, and meals (per Diem rates vary). Overall this is a nice job if you don’t mind traveling to new places and can handle living away from your family in a nice motel/hotel for two weeks.

Cons

Once back from field data input is very time consuming (3-4 weeks). Deadline pressures are very real and managers don't realize how much extra work is added on with some projects. They are more eager to get it done...some are too are over worked with too many projects to respond to or check up on field staff issues.

Advice to Management

Very few managers mentor their subordinates. Yes we are expected to know our trade, but data entry on their computer system is extremely detailed orientated and very time consuming. They should share their experience or incorporate the “tricks of fast, repetitious data entry” into their training and mentoring program. I found very few willing to do this. Managers do not debrief and discuss finished projects, they are too busy on current and upcoming ones to really ask line staff about improvements or feedback on just completed projects.