VIPKID - Excellent alternative to traditional school teaching! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Excellent alternative to traditional school teaching!"

Current Contractor - ESL Teacher in Atlanta, GA
Current Contractor - ESL Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at VIPKID as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

VIPKID offers flexible scheduling, wonderful students, company support and minimal outside preparation. They make it easy for the teachers (independent contractors) to succeed with a lot of training and opportunity to enhance your teaching. Since we teach from VIPKID curriculum, there is minimal outside prep work (especially compared to public school teaching). The students are simply remarkable. It is a very fun and fulfilling job.

Cons

There is a lot of emphasis on parental feedback which can sometimes be critical.

VIPKID Response

Jan 4, 2018 – Program Manager

VIPKID cares a lot for our teachers, who are also our trusted business partners. We are glad to hear your comments!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Contractor - ESL Teacher in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - ESL Teacher in Washington, DC

I have been working at VIPKID as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

So flexible, great pay, hard working community. I love that I can stay home and make my own schedule. The kids are great and everything is so organized.

Cons

Skype chat rooms can be full of negative talk. Also I feel that there is bias towards white teachers. Whenever there is a competition for best taught classes, the winners are always white! I get it though, it matches the Chinese stereotype of what Americans should look like but I wish they would give other teachers who are just as good or better a chance.

Advice to Management

Make a separate chat room for troubleshooting and help for new ones not just random chit chat

2. "A good company to start a career!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at VIPKID as a contractor

Pros

With many incentives to get, VIPKID give you a chance to be a ESL Teacher. Students are active and love to learn. Staff shall handle your problem fast. Working time is flexible.

Cons

Sometimes I have to work overnight.

Discover more reviews about VIPKID.