VITAS Healthcare - Vitas hospice inovative | Glassdoor

"Vitas hospice inovative"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare (More than 5 years)

Pros

great place to work, GREAT MANAGMENT

Cons

long hours, sometime dagenrous areas

Other Employee Reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"Could be a great company .....Once again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great advancement if you looking to move forward in a company.You can learn alot if you listen and watch what is done.

Cons

Very mix match in the information that is given to patients as well as to employees. Lacks bonding and feels like a clique in different scopes of practice from Sr mgnt, Nurses down to HHA's. Benefits are not great for the job that we do. Advancement in pay is not so much based on your yearly review as much as it is on what the company is doing financially. If census is low...so is your pay and ability to get a raise.Also do not tell a family one thing and then turn around and do another.Makes for bad business and bad blood.

Advice to Management

"WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER" should be a class thats given and required monthy in services!!!!!!

"This ship is sinking unless changes come about."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the nursing field staff support each other. I believe in the companies 4 values wholeheartedly. It is an honor to care for the patients at this private intimate phase of their lives. Normally families and patients are so appreciative of the littliest things that we do for them.

Cons

I feel like it is "us against them" meaning field staff against office management. Concerns fall on deaf ears. Patients and families no longer come first. Management does not support the nurses in the field like they need to be supported. The ones who work there behinds off go unrecognized while others get the better schedules and assignments. Whats good for one is not for all. Use of PTO is unfair. No accountability check system.

Advice to Management

Everyone in management should have some extent of clinical experience so they can better understand our concerns when we present them. Hold true to company core values. Put patients and families first again instead of the corporate dollar.