VITAS Healthcare - Vitas is a Great Company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"Vitas is a Great Company!"

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The experience of Hospice Work has broadened my nursing career as well as the influence it has on my everyday living.

Cons

Although the company is a reputable company and the largest in hospice care. The Office management is not supportive with constant changeover and no regard for the field staff and all they do. The office staff is worried about numbers and bonuses.The Motto for the company is Patients and Families first,which the field staff is always doing the next Motto is We Take Care Of Each Other well the field staff takes care of each other with no support from the office! Also we have worked with no Raises for the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Start spending more time on support for the field staff before you lose some good workers and look at all they do also maybe spend one day in our shoes.

Other Employee Reviews for VITAS Healthcare

1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is very supportive of scheduling needs and education with tuition reimbursement provided. Supervisors friendly and supportive of employees and their needs.

Cons

Opportunities for growth limited within the company. Limited availability of LPN to RN transitions available for nurses within the company.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth of employees.

"Look elsewhere for work."

Former Employee - Administrative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I could think of.

Cons

Money driven. Ruled like old time Germany by people who are not trained to manage people. One must get "lucky" in landing a good person to be their boss. The daily drama is enough to drive someone ill. (Oh wait, It has done that to me). They're lucky I don't sue them for all the over 40 hours per week that I have not been paid for; among other illegal activities. Many lawsuits are already pending by others. After seeing how office and field staff are treated, I would not let them care for my dog. People just work day-by-day not daring to complain for fear of losing their low paying, so-so benefits jobs.

Advice to Management

Get management training. Someone may be a good nurse, that does not make them a good manager.There are employment laws, you know.