VITAS Healthcare - Does not follow motto of Patients and Families first! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"Does not follow motto of Patients and Families first!"

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When clinical staff is able to deliver services as outlined in all the brochures- it is great for patients and families- the best in fact.

Cons

Employees are disposable to upper management and treated poorly. It is clearly evident that the bottom line is what matters most. When marketing staff is doing well, staff is ignored. When goals are not being met, staff is hounded daily- it is a highly demotivating environment.

Advice to Management

Treat program staff as intelligent and important pieces of the puzzle, as we are the face of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"Vitas is a Great Company!"

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The experience of Hospice Work has broadened my nursing career as well as the influence it has on my everyday living.

Cons

Although the company is a reputable company and the largest in hospice care. The Office management is not supportive with constant changeover and no regard for the field staff and all they do. The office staff is worried about numbers and bonuses.The Motto for the company is Patients and Families first,which the field staff is always doing the next Motto is We Take Care Of Each Other well the field staff takes care of each other with no support from the office! Also we have worked with no Raises for the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Start spending more time on support for the field staff before you lose some good workers and look at all they do also maybe spend one day in our shoes.

2. "I love the feeling I get when my clients and there families are pleased with the care we provide."

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare as an intern

Pros

Working as a teem ensuring best care for our clients, Challenging situation that streghthen our proffessional abilities.

Cons

Decrease sensus and lack of work, slow, low or no pay raises and decrease concern for cc nurse safety.

Advice to Management

1.When the sensus is low try to divide the work evenly until the sensus is up. Provide insentives for being called in late if the shift starts at 8pm and you get a call at 10pm, how about pay that nurse from 8pm. 2. when a pt come on cc send someone to check out the enviornment to see if its safe or suitable for the pt and us nurses to be in. Noone whats to go somewhere where they have to be fearful of being hurt or robbed and fighting off bugs or rodents for 12hrs or so. At least provide a heads up on these things and other things such as pets, smokers family dynamics, so we will know what to expect. Iv worked for vitas in 2 states and there was a dramatic difference from the SD and the ATL chapters. I know it veries according to state for differences but most should be accross the board as Vitas. I would recommed this to a friend who wanted a part time job but not a fulltime.