VITAS Healthcare - Does not follow motto of Patients and Families first! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"Does not follow motto of Patients and Families first!"

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When clinical staff is able to deliver services as outlined in all the brochures- it is great for patients and families- the best in fact.

Cons

Employees are disposable to upper management and treated poorly. It is clearly evident that the bottom line is what matters most. When marketing staff is doing well, staff is ignored. When goals are not being met, staff is hounded daily- it is a highly demotivating environment.

Advice to Management

Treat program staff as intelligent and important pieces of the puzzle, as we are the face of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for VITAS Healthcare

"If you like working in a mess of unbridled neurosis then this place is for you!"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at VITAS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice view of the bay

Cons

I was only at corporate HQ as a vendor on premise for a little over 3 months, and it was a very toxic atmosphere to be around. I was fired under the pretense "not a good fit" the most non-excuse there can be. It was due to not yielding to the silly politics of backstabbing, temper tantrums, and crying by subordinates that happened on an almost daily basis in an attempt to manipulate situations to their advantage. So yes I suppose I did not "fit in" in that sense.

Almost all department heads and supervisors are untrusting and hold petty grudges with each other so things that require more than one departments involvement through cooperation is almost out of the question. The facilities department is run by duplicitous managers who say one thing while doing another behind your back. Emails are expected to be answered within 15 minutes of receiving them even though you may be doing something on another floor or at lunch and in the end they're used to play gotcha games with you day or weeks down the line with no rhyme or reason.

Places like these should be avoided like a plague. You'll only hurt your health, and in the long run the folks who make them toxic have karma catch up with them.

Advice to Management

Don't assume that someone whose been in the same position over a decade is doing a good job. They've just gotten good at hiding things from C-Suite.

"I hope you look good in stripes"

Current Employee - Admissions RN in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions RN in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at VITAS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people, team work, and meeting some really great people. Hospice care is rewarding if you are able to do it the right way. I love what I do just not where I work.

Cons

These people are criminals. They make it clear - admit anyone who breaths regardless of the laws, lie if you have to, document fraudulently, and do not discharge anyone unless you want to get fired. Employees are managed through fear tactics, and threatened daily. The Brevard Program in Melbourne Florida is a cruel joke. Eventually the law is going to catch these people and hopefully someone will go to jail. Do not look for employment here if you want to keep your nursing license - They are crooks!

Advice to Management

It wouldn't do any good because they do not care.