VMware - VMware is a great place to be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VMware

"VMware is a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I love working for a company that's in the leading edge of its industry. In the face of increasing competition, it continues to innovate and expand its product offerings. I like the fact that our corporate strategy is communicated to everyone within the organization. Everyone that I've met so far has been extremely talented and helpful.

Cons

As with any company that have experienced rapid growth, VMware has some growing pains. Some of the internal processes and operations need to be improved in order to keep up with the rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation and improve the product & service portfolio.

Other Employee Reviews for VMware

1. "Good place to work but be prepared to give up your personal life."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Lots of fun people to work with.

Cons

Company espouses work life balance but suck up your time so there is little to none.

Advice to Management

You need to spend more time in the trenches with your team - understand what it takes to execute on your directive.

2. "VMware is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Great technology - virtualization benefits anyone who uses a computer which is pretty much everyone in the world. Virtualization is all about reducing cost and energy and who wouldn't want that!
    Great culture - we work hard and we play hard. It's always tough balancing your work and life but if you have the support from management and they respect that you do have a life outside of work, then it just makes a bit easier to juggle both.
    Smart people - I've met some of the smartest people here at VMware and being around such smart people makes your job so much easier!

Cons

Company is growing at a very fast pace and the necessary support infrastructure is still in the catch up phase.

Advice to Management

Give more insight/direction on how our day to day job maps to the overall goals and objectives of the company