VMware - Great experience and environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VMware

"Great experience and environment"

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Austin, TX
Current Contractor - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at VMware as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at a leading technology company that is always innovating is a great motivator. Being an R&D Engineering recruiter allows me to see multiple different product teams across our business units and continually work on challenging positions. I get to compare our compensation information to other top tech firms in the Bay are know we are competitive. Culture is a big part of this and VMware's culture is EPICC (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) and from my experience the willingness to help others is a common trait. I have not run into many folks with over inflated egos. Work environment is good and we frequently have happy hour events where people from different teams get together.

Cons

I have been here for over 3 years now and there are little cons to discuss. We have challenges in many different areas like any company whether large, medium, or small. I can only speak to my experience though.

Other Employee Reviews for VMware

"Hired me, then laid me off in 11 days due to budgetary cuts."

Former Contractor - Process Optimization Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Process Optimization Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at VMware as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to work remotely, friendly co-workers, flexible hours, willingness to listen to new ideas, "green" culture, free snacks, breakfast, and food.

Cons

IT infrastructure is poorly developed, service tickets take a long time to complete, lack of cross-departmental engagement and transparency.

Advice to Management

Don't hire someone for a job before your budget is approved.

2. "Innovative company, smart people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative company--never complacent, always working to reinvent itself to add more value to customers and demonstrate market success. Very smart set of coworkers--top talent.

Cons

It's difficult to set priorities in this type of company. Every thing is now and urgent. Time to rethink is often ample, however, defining execution plan and executing are often rushed. Then we move onto the next bright, shiny object. Need more time to refine and optimize.

Advice to Management

Value execution as much as vision.