KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Such a great place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting work - Supports development - Work/life balance

Cons

- It is not fast-paced

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company culture I have ever experienced!

Sep 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, benefits, perks, compensation

Cons

Uncertainty related to Broadcom acquisition.

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company now but post Broadcom...?

Sep 21, 2022 - Director of Business Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of genuine niceness. Some people think it creates too difficult to make a decision but compared to previous employers where there was the in-meeting nod but later subversion or high-school-style "niceness" that turned dog-eat-dog when you weren't looking, I'm delighted to have NICE people working together to get something done. And while it's slower than if there was a queen making all calls immediately, they say if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. Solid benefits, though ESPP is gone with the impending acquisition.

Cons

Prioritization is sorely needed. It was always bad but Broadcom and a few new leaders have really made it rough on the Sr Dir and below. I can (and have) worked until the middle of the night for weeks on end because there's hardly enough time to survive these last-minute urgent asks, let alone quantify effort and ask for help prioritizing. It just needs to get done. And the biggest con: Broadcom. The good ones are jumping ship so that tells you something.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about VMware.

VMware Careers

Cover image for VMware

When you work here, you’re connected to a global community working together to solve the most critical technology challenges. You’re...More

• #VMwarelife
  • Benefits
  • Giving Back
  • University Talent

VMware Photos

+ Add Photo
VMware photo of: VMware Palo Alto Campus Opening 2014
VMware photo of: Women Transforming Technology Conference 2018 at HQ Palo Alto.
VMware photo of: We celebrated our many accomplishments over the past year with tasty treats! Employees gathered at our headquarters to get in the holiday spirit and look forward to the new year.
VMware photo of: One of the many ways we celebrate our vibrant and diverse community at VMware, our employees came together to celebrate Diwali, the annual Hindu festival of lights.
VMware photo of: HIVE, our new connected learning and development platform launched in September. To celebrate, we threw a launch event worthy of the buzz.
VMware photo of: End of year bash at HQ in Palo Alto.
VMware photo of: Women Transforming Technology 2018 at HQ Palo Alto.

VMware Job Seekers Also Viewed