VNA Healthcare - The unprofessionalism of the supervisory and management staff makes it difficult for new employees to adjust. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VNA Healthcare

"The unprofessionalism of the supervisory and management staff makes it difficult for new employees to adjust."

Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, and in a convenient location near the highway, not far from downtown Cleveland.

Cons

Offices are in a crime-ridden, poverty stricken area, no focus on professional behavior in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Offer the new HHA employees ADEQUATE training and place them in situations where they will succeed. Stop treating the HHAs as a "warm body" on a schedule and then leaving others to have to put the fires out when the HHAs do poorly in the work setting.

Other Employee Reviews for VNA Healthcare

1. "Nurses need to take better care of each other"

Former Employee - Home Care Nurse in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Home Care Nurse in Glastonbury, CT

Pros

not sitting at a desk or stuck indoors all day, some flexibility with your work schedule. getting to meet some great patients and families and being able to perform great nursing care one on one

Cons

excessive travel, office was very unorganized, I often didnt get my daily patient assignment until late in the am....and even then the office would call my cell and change my assignment mid day without warning. I would see 8-10 patients a day and still have several hours of computer " Homework" every eve for which I didnt get paid for

Advice to Management

way better communication, support, education

2. "VNA Home Heathcare is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Roanoke, VA

Pros

The management and staff are very supportive of the employees there. It was a great place to work with the best nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, and home health aides in the area. The pay was good and the opportunity for educational and skill growth was excellent. Yes, it was hard work, but being paid hourly made it worthwhile to commit to. I met many wonderful patients (and some not so wonderful ones) and felt very supported by our organization to do the very best for the patient that could be done. I only resigned because I moved away from the area.

Cons

The worst part of working at VNA was the weather. We had to work no matter what the weather was. It snowed a lot some winters and that made travel slow and treacherous.

Advice to Management

Keep the staff happy and feeling respected and heard.