VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California - Wonderful people and service provided by co workers...in spite of upper managements micromanaging. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California

"Wonderful people and service provided by co workers...in spite of upper managements micromanaging."

Current Employee - Hospice Social Worker in Claremont, CA
Current Employee - Hospice Social Worker in Claremont, CA

I have been working at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great patient service provided; wonderful co workers.

Cons

Upper administration is extremely rigid and micromanaging.

Advice to Management

Please, trust your employees to be professionals...there will always be individuals who are poor employees, cheating the system...that's why you have supervisors and annual reviews! When policy is created from every ridiculous employee low life screw up-you divide us all by the lowest denominator! It's demoralizing to be treated as children...we are highly skilled professionals working in a difficult field, requiring all of our emotional reserves...can't you just trust that we will do the right thing...?

Other Employee Reviews for VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California

1. "Feels like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

I have been working at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoying working for the VNA. We have 2 offices. When I come to work it is like I am working with family. Co workers really care about one another. I feel we are the best hospice and do amazing work with our patients.

Cons

With hospice there is a lot of competition. With competition that means less patients and less patients means budget cuts.

Advice to Management

Try to give something back to the staff. Everyone has given up something during tough times. An increase in pay would be appreciated.

"Wonderful clients, poor management."

Former Employee - Private Duty HHA in Claremont, CA
    Former Employee - Private Duty HHA in Claremont, CA

I worked at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients I got to take care of were always nice and the families were great. I rarely had any problems.

Cons

The people in the office are relentless when it comes to trying to get you to accept a job. It doesn't seem to matter to them if you have to drive 3 miles or 30 miles. They guilt trip you into taking clients, even after you tell them you can't. If you have a full time job and use this place as a second job, beware. They would call me early in the morning when I was still asleep (I worked nights at my full time job) and they'd call me while I was at work. They'll call you 8 or 9 times and then text you if you don't get back to them right away.

Advice to Management

If an employee fills out a paper with hours they are available to work, don't call them and ask them to work hours when they are unavailable. Otherwise that paper is pointless.

Work at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California? Share Your Experiences

VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California