VSS Monitoring - Great Working Environment | Glassdoor

"Great Working Environment"

Former Intern - Web Interface Developer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Intern - Web Interface Developer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at VSS Monitoring as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Timings are flexible, as long as you work minimum 8 hrs a day. Great team members who are helpful. Lot of new things to learn.

Cons

Being the first intern , little was planned for my entire internship . It will not be the case with other interns in the future.
Salary can be more for interns.

Other Employee Reviews for VSS Monitoring

"Interestingly dis-functional and head slapping insane."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at VSS Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you stayed long enough for the Acquisition you got an early Christmas bonus. If you were a CEO or CTO you actually made real money on the deal. I was not a C level....But it was a "Pro" because who thinks money is bad no matter what the denomination?

Cons

Senior Management was awful here. These people were definitely in the right market at the right time, better to be lucky then good? I was constantly being negatively questioned, told that what I was doing was wrong, or that my opinion was not valid by people that literally had less experience if any at that then myself or any other team member on any given subject. This was very frustrating, semi insane, and borderline hostile on a weekly basis.

No trust in employee's, literally like they shut down the WiFi. Questionable accounting practices that leave you holding the bag come tax time on commissions (with no warning). Senior management that should really be at the Director level, Senior Directors that should be Senior Managers, etc... Just a company that seemed to live in it's own world at times. I left on my own free will so not a super disgruntled person that was fired but just reflective now that a few months have passed.

Advice to Management

Move on....or for the ones that can't get an executive title elsewhere stay.

"Too Little too late"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at VSS Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally a sound technology and most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Management is delusional and are not on the market pulse. Now part of a big company which will stifle it even more than before

Advice to Management

Wake up... The market has caught up and rapidly passing...