Vail Valley Medical Center - Good place to work for a shorter amount of time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vail Valley Medical Center

"Good place to work for a shorter amount of time"

Former Employee - Admissions in Vail, CO
Former Employee - Admissions in Vail, CO

Pros

I liked the atmosphere as it was very active. Most of the staff was nice; however, if people had worked at the hospital for a long time, it generally meant they were jaded and not the nicest individuals to spend time with. Promotions and pay raises were slow, but possible.

Cons

There were some long hours with little time for vacation. Pay was lower than working at a retail shop in Vail, but the work was certainly more fulfilling.

Advice to Management

Let your stars rise. Top management might want to reconsider their strengths and step down, management was no their strength. Middle management was actually pretty decent.

Other Employee Reviews for Vail Valley Medical Center

1. "Great Employer!"

I have been working at Vail Valley Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, coworkers, providers and administration are all world class!

Cons

Cost of living.

2. "Nursing"

I worked at Vail Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The staff are great. It was like working with extended family. I worked at VVMC for over 10 years and that's what kept me loving my job was my coworkers and patients. The valley is a great place to live.

Cons

Administration has a heavy hand and the hospital board is way too involved in operations. I wouldn't call it hostile but it's a think before you speak organization in terms of voicing concerns. HR has always been administration focused and not employee focused. Top heavy in leadership positions. They've always had the attitude we are the only game in town which has changed with the arrival of Centura and Kaiser to the valley. There was always a lack of transparency and currently a lack of sincerity from administration related to employee challenges or voiced concerns.

Advice to Management

Employee engagement and staff satisfaction should be a focus. Transparency, Transparency, Transparency!!!