Valley Healthcare Staffing - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Challenging job. Flexible work schedule offered for good performance. Good pay. Management is open and helpful. They really want their employees to succeed.

Cons

Company sometimes struggles to maintain consistency. However, that's more the result of the industry as opposed to management. Unless company grows, there is limited potential for advancement.

Other Employee Reviews for Valley Healthcare Staffing

1. "RUN....RUN RUN AWAY NOW !!!!!! "BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PAY""

Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked one contract with this company. I really enjoyed having 3 different supervisors/ recruiters within 3 months !! :(

Cons

Get everything in writing, make sure you cross all t's and dot all i's, I did not get my extra 30 per hour for holiday pay as promise per first recruiter prior to them leaving the company/ I worked 2 out of 3 winter holidays. Had to argue for my no break pay/ Cali has a mandatory break penalty for no adequate break times, Do not take tax advantage/ it is only advantage for the companies/ I had to pay my own housing est. at least 500/week that was the cheapest and closest to facility in an dreaded isolated ( Fort Bragg) town/ high ETOH/METH area. I asked for PPO insurance but instead was given HMO in Cali...a crime in itself. You need adequate and better coverage to received the best care to pick your own physician/specialist and/or consultations if needed.

Advice to Management

The hospital pays all the different agencies the same amount. Stop the nickel and dime act with the traveler.

2. "An innovative company that puts people first."

Pros

Amazing, amazing, amazing technology. Our Force platform is unlike anything I've seen or used at my last company. In only 2 weeks at Valley, I've had 4 submissions which is double what I had in my last month at my last company. The system does everything for you; recruits, quotes, markets, submits.

Also, the leadership at Valley is the very best. Our CEO finds time to come talk to me, praise my accomplishments, and checks in with me via text on weekends to see how I'm doing. They're always working to make our experience better and ways to make my job more efficient so I can do what I enjoy while earning great money.

Cons

Only one; we are inning out of space. The office vine and layout is super hip, and I love it, but I think we will need some breathing room soon.

Advice to Management

You've found the magic combination of innovation, teamwork, and culture. I'll work for you for as long as you're here!