Valley Healthcare Staffing - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Challenging job. Flexible work schedule offered for good performance. Good pay. Management is open and helpful. They really want their employees to succeed.

Cons

Company sometimes struggles to maintain consistency. However, that's more the result of the industry as opposed to management. Unless company grows, there is limited potential for advancement.

Other Employee Reviews for Valley Healthcare Staffing

1. "RUN....RUN RUN AWAY NOW !!!!!! "BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PAY""

Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Contractor - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked one contract with this company. I really enjoyed having 3 different supervisors/ recruiters within 3 months !! :(

Cons

Get everything in writing, make sure you cross all t's and dot all i's, I did not get my extra 30 per hour for holiday pay as promise per first recruiter prior to them leaving the company/ I worked 2 out of 3 winter holidays. Had to argue for my no break pay/ Cali has a mandatory break penalty for no adequate break times, Do not take tax advantage/ it is only advantage for the companies/ I had to pay my own housing est. at least 500/week that was the cheapest and closest to facility in an dreaded isolated ( Fort Bragg) town/ high ETOH/METH area. I asked for PPO insurance but instead was given HMO in Cali...a crime in itself. You need adequate and better coverage to received the best care to pick your own physician/specialist and/or consultations if needed.

Advice to Management

The hospital pays all the different agencies the same amount. Stop the nickel and dime act with the traveler.

"Miserable experience in a poorly managed, unprofessional environment."

Pros

The organization serves vulnerable, underserved populations and is meant to be a comprehensive primary care and behavioral health center.

Cons

Very poorly managed with questionable employment practices. Favoritism and nepotism are the norm. Most employees are not held accountable while others are micromanaged and not picked. Highly degreed Professionals are treated like flunkies while "favored" employees are granted titles and responsibilities that they may not be qualified for. Lack of proper supervision or guidance and failure to respond to legitimate employee grievances and customer complaints leads to hostile work place. Poor fiscal managment. Extremely poor management decisions.

Valley Healthcare Staffing Response

Jan 28, 2016 – CEO

This review is not for Valley Healthcare Systems and is improperly assigned. We have requested removal as we are not a primary care facility nor a behavioral health center.