Value Village - It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

"It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees."

Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA

Pros

If you are able to get hired as a Production team member, your weekly work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (for the most part). Pretty unheard of in retail.

They do offer paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 6 months, as well as medical benefits (I was paying nearly $100 a month for them though... so not TOO great of a deal).

Cons

They will try to convince you that you're all a big "family", but when it comes down to it they don't really care about you personally. Unless you kiss managements ass. If you're a good, hard worker that doesn't kiss ass you will just be exploited and expected to work harder - with no real recognition. I had 3 really good reviews within one year of being there, but only made 70 cents in raises, which was a slap in the face because after a year I was still only making about $1.00 more than minimum wage in our state.

Advice to Management

Try not to drive off any more of your good, valuable employees. I made SO much money for you guys but it was never enough. You had to push, and push until I snapped and quit. Shame on you.

Other Employee Reviews for Value Village

"Production Manager"

Current Employee - Production Manager
    Current Employee - Production Manager

I have been working at Value Village full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ample Growth Opportunity
    Fun Team Members
    Challenging atmosphere

Cons

Great progressive company but not enough opportunity to make changes at a store level.

Advice to Management

Not enough trust in the stores management. A lot of procedures in place that hinder immediate action.

2. "Poor managment"

Pros

Good discount on anything in the store.

Cons

terrible managers who did a bad job of scheduling

Advice to Management

Do your job