Vanderbilt University - As a graduate student worker, Vanderbilt has been respectful to me and providing many opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vanderbilt University

"As a graduate student worker, Vanderbilt has been respectful to me and providing many opportunities."

Current Employee - Financial Aid Front Desk in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Financial Aid Front Desk in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Vanderbilt University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The coworkers are friendly, management is understanding, and the pay is above minimum wage. It also is providing work experience that will will improve my chances for obtaining a well paying job after graduation.

Cons

Like with any company, it all depends on departments, management, and people. The book store was an unfortunate experience with poor management. The financial aid office has proven to be exceptionally better, but there is no room for advancement as a graduate student.

Other Employee Reviews for Vanderbilt University

1. "Awesome place to work"

Former Intern - Trademark Licensing Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Trademark Licensing Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Vanderbilt University as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Vanderiblt was an awesome place to work, my supervisors were incredible and were very flexible with my schedule. As it was an internship there was a learning curve but once I got the hang of it most of it was a no brainer, I would highly recommend working here.

Cons

Some of the other people working in the Creative Services Department with me were a little strange and probably not the type you'd want to hang out with outside of the office, but they all mean well and there are plenty of others more outgoing in the office as well

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"No job security--executive administration cares only about their futures"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Vanderbilt University full-time

Pros

Great academic university-I am an alumnus.

Cons

Employees are unaware of the incredible compensation packages of the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Assistant Vice Chancellors, Deans and other senior management even with thousands of employee layoffs. No job security even though the executive administration and Human Resources promise security and are very vocal about job security.

Advice to Management

Treat employees how you would want to be treated as well as how you would want your own family members treated.