Vanir Construction Management - Its a good place to work if... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vanir Construction Management

"Its a good place to work if..."

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They have annual training and since it is a small company, you there are a lot of perks and personal attention you wouldnt get elsewhere.

Cons

Since you go from project to project it is hard to get to know your co-workers. I worked as intern for over 2 years and they promised to hire me full time which never happened (I ended up getting laid off). They were nice enough to still give me a severance package.

Advice to Management

There are limited numbers of upper management positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Vanir Construction Management

"Good Company, Could be Better"

I have been working at Vanir Construction Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good workforce, has very interesting and challenging projects. People I work with are fun, friendly, helpful and inspiring. Lower management/ direct supervisor are very helpful and encourages career growth.

Best health insurance benefits in the industry, from what I heard. Free for single (employee only, no family coverage) until Dec 2016. Dental and Eye coverage decent. Dental coverage is pretty great. I only paid $50 copay to remove all four of my wisdom teeth. Eye coverage was just added 2 years ago. I was told by a lenscrafters employee who helped me that I had really good coverage.. She would know, i guess...

CMAA membership covered. They paid for my CMIT fees. I was also told that other training under CMAA and reviews for CCM exam are paid by the company.

Upper management/corporate shows up in company functions. If you have good networking skills, they certainly give you a chance for brown-nosing.... I certainly see this as a positive. However the camaraderie is not as warm as it used to be.

Cons

Health insurance no longer free, copay went up slightly.

So many changes:
    New upper management, changed family business feeling to "it's all about the money"
    New timecard system date not up to date and buggy. It's been 4 months and no improvements.
    Management keeps changing, lack of stability is making long term employees uneasy.

I hear a lot of negative from long term "good old days" type of employees. Its not surprising given the industry. It's really how you take things. People like to complain about submitting time sheets once a week vs once a month...

Advice to Management

There's a lot of transition going on. The changes made "for the better" is not obvious to the worker bees. Better communication to employees goes a long way.

2. "good firm gone bad"

I worked at Vanir Construction Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An excellent firm to work for prior to 2012

Cons

Can't service what they sell, extremely high employee turn-over, no confidence in executive management

Advice to Management

sell the company