Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Unorganized, unprofessional, no strategy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel

"Unorganized, unprofessional, no strategy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Location - North End of Boston
Great product line
Hard working employees
Getting more involved with internet and social media marketing

Cons

No strategic management
No direction
No long-term stragegy
What have you done for me lately attitude
Very limited in-house experience in every department
No concept of team
Know-it-all mentality of company owner
Unethical business practices
Employee contributions are unrecognized throughout organization

Advice to Management

No advice to give, as I know it would fall on deaf ears. This is a one man show, and that one man isn't very smart.

Other Employee Reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel

"Rules just add to the frustration"

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time

Pros

Free fruit, good pay, we truly offer great products. If management likes you, you might get sent on one of our trips.

Cons

Awful new rules that they try to implement such as submitting ALL vacation time the first week of the year. Do you really think I know when my daughters recital is going to be 8 months in advance? This place is stressful enough and the executive team consistently adds new rules that push employees over the edge. I've also changed offices twice within the last couple months. We have lost so many key people over the past couple months that the current outlook doesn't seem bright. The replacements we have brought in for these people are already gone which isn't surprising as our turnover is ridiculous (not all the company's fault, read glass door before you start so you know when you're getting yourself into)

Advice to Management

Working at this place is stressful and a lot on a person as it is, why consistently try to add new rules that just make it even worse? Such as when you tried to allow people to only take vacation in ONE WEEK intervals. How long did that last again? Not long because you know the amazing people you have here who are knowledgeable and do their work were complaining and the company would go down without them.

"Disfunctional, disorganized no care for their employees"

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location next to North Station, they bring fruit in every week, and that is about it

Cons

There is no true strategy in this company, every time you think go are going in the right direction the owner changes the rules and basically just because he wants to do so. The marketing department tries to follow the craziness but they obviously cant. I have been sitting in many meetings where the owner started to yell at people and the tension is all over the building. Training is also a mess, the only way to learn things there is if you learn it by yourself, the good thing is that the information in the server is so disorganized and old that you might find a few training handbooks!
    They arent people oriented at all, couldnt care less about how many years you worked for the company, how much you delivered, the experience you have, who would do your job then ... they simply fire people and then they see how to sort it out ... at the end it seems they are having fun of firing people!

Advice to Management

Have a senior management that knows how to handle stress, if they would know how to handle the owner of the company things would all be different, but wait the good ones also get fired easily so that will never happen!