Varipoint - Account Representative - Varipoint | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Varipoint

"Account Representative - Varipoint"

Current Employee - Account Management Position in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Account Management Position in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Varipoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Transparent - you get to see exactly what you'll be doing in the position
Great overall energy - laid back, young energetic culture "work hard, play hard mentatlity"
Vibrant office space - open roof top with a driving range
Not to mention the free ice cream in the lobby!!

Cons

Its was raining out during my second interview, did not prepare for the weather
I had to wait 24 hour to know if I was offered the position

Advice to Management

Could be more informative on preparation for a second round interivew

Other Employee Reviews for Varipoint

1. "Good entry level job to build sales skills."

Pros

Training, coworkers, work environment. The money can be very good if you work for it.

Cons

Working Saturdays, hours are kinda Long, but my days usually went quickly.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more transparent during interview process.

2. "Friendly people, but company is not as advertised"

Pros

Friendly, upbeat people, seemed like a good work environment and they seemed to be very focused on working as a team.

Cons

Completely not as advertised, borderline deceptive during the interview process.

Advice to Management

I applied for this job, as it was listed as an entry level marketing, advertising position. During the interview I was also led to believe that they were a marketing firm with large clients who they did advertising for. I went back for another interview and found out that it was merely door to door sales. I spent my entire day walking around in 85 degree weather while wearing business formal attire (which they stated was their dress code), knocking on doors watching the person I was shadowing try to get people to sign up for Verizon Fios. It made me incredibly uncomfortable, as the majority of people were very hostile and my lead was what you would call "pushy." After my day was over I was called back and offered a position but I did not accept.

The people who worked at this company were incredibly friendly and accommodating. It made me sad because they really seemed like people I would have enjoyed working with and developing a relationship with, but the type of job was not what I was expecting at all, nor would I have ever chosen it for myself. If you are a door to door sales business, you should advertise as such, and not label yourself as anything other than what you are, especially during the interview process. People have a right to know what they're signing up for and I feel this company would greatly benefit from more honesty in the hiring process.