Varsity Tutors - decent company, good number of clients, slightly low pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

"decent company, good number of clients, slightly low pay"

Current Employee - Tutor
Current Employee - Tutor

Pros

They'll definitely get you clients. You are obligated to submit reports after each session, which I actually enjoyed because they allowed me to stay on top of the progress the student was making.

Cons

Pay was about 20% less than similar companies and some clients were a little far.

Communication was somewhat lacking.

No opportunities for pay increase

Advice to Management

Pay tutors slightly more and do a more thorough job of interviewing clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors

"VT is AWESOME"

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors culture is great. It's a diversified company that has people who are from different walks of life. Unlimited potential for growth and advancement. Work Hard and get rewarded for it. I would completely recommend this company for any sales professionals who are looking to enter a technology company and continue their careers in sales. We are in great times and it is the right time to join Varsity Tutors!

Cons

NOTHING I CAN THINK OF. If you do not want to work hard, there is no reason for you to join Varsity Tutors. Lazy people would find many reasons to name cons. I enjoy every moment I am here.

Advice to Management

Absolutely, But Rome was not build in day, your hard work and continuous efforts to be an ideal employee will NOT go unnoticed.

"The next Netflix"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is amazing and you get a legitimate chance to help people every day. It's easy to sleep at night when you're selling a product that you believe in.

The leads are awesome too. I've worked at plenty of places where you'd never get a chance at this type of volume and quality. The marketing department really has this figured out!

Also, there's always snacks, coffee, fruit & drinks in the kitchen for free. I know it sounds silly but at my old job I'd often pay $10 + a week on drinks & food. It's a nice little side benefit :)

Cons

This company is growing extremely fast. As they work through the bumps employees have to be ready for changes while they scale.

Advice to Management

Keep coaching me. I'm loving the feedback and I feel like it's helping me at work and in my personal life. I'd like to have the goals a little more attainable. I think if we had more people hitting their goals that this atmosphere would just explode and we'd be unstoppable!