Varsity Tutors - Outstanding organization! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Outstanding organization!"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Clayton, MO
Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked for an organization that values it's employees like Varsity Tutors. The leadership and management staff are forever encouraging and supportive. Having a bad sales day? Don't expect to be brow beaten by your immediate manager - instead, expect them to approach you to find out what they can do to make your life easier, and help you be more successful. This is an outstanding organization that really values their staff members, and reminds them of their worth constantly.

Cons

Truly, there are no negatives for me to point out. The company is receptive to ideas and criticisms of process, and always strives to "right the ship", and correct processes that are out of date, or not as effective or impactful for employees and/or clients.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do everything that you're already doing. Your approach and mentoring process is one of the best I've ever seen. It's my hope that VT continues to hire managers and directors that are receptive to this culture, and help maintain it.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I do not recommend"

Current Contractor - Private Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Private Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

For whoever enjoys teaching part-time

Cons

Native experienced tutor of foreign language : Start : Students given, then taken away after a few days without reason. Wrong subject to teach proposed. My rapidity of answer of proposed opportunities is 256% over 1.1% of the 10% active tutors to be taken away. Given opportunities to teach Greek, which has nothing to do with what I teach.

Advice to Management

Link success to objectivity in franchisers classes

"Tutor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Varsity Tutors as a contractor

Pros

It's well above minimum wage. Great option of working remotely so don't have to waste time traveling

Cons

They do have huge profit margins. They pay their tutors 25% of what they charge. That seems unfair to the tutor

Discover more reviews about Varsity Tutors.