Varsity Tutors - Excellent experience | Glassdoor

"Excellent experience"

Current Employee - Academic Tutor in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Academic Tutor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very responsive via email and easy to log in hours online. You have a great deal of flexibility in scheduling tutoring sessions with your clients and you get a good number of clients as well.

Cons

You don't get to see the emails they send the clients - it would be helpful if they cc'd employees on them so that we knew what the client knew.

Advice to Management

CC employees on emails to clients, especially in regards to diagnostic tests

Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors

"One of the most rewarding and engaging positions I have ever had"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One thing employees realize on our team is that a position with Varsity Tutors is not just a job, but an opportunity to impact students and parents looking for academic help. The synergy of all employees, regardless of where they are located and what their position is, reflects in the open communication and meaningful dialogue that is shared everyday amongst everyone. Since becoming a part of the team, I have met bright, talented and passionate employees that make up our team and I'm amazed daily on how much we all have the passion to make a difference!

Along with our great team and exciting things we are creating to make a difference in the education landscape, we are movers and shakers!

Cons

There are a lot of hours put in on a daily basis, but the benefits of working from home, engaging daily with other Directors through Skype, and having the availability to technology for home/work-use use offsets it. Plus, when you enjoy your job so much, you don't realize how fast time flies!

Advice to Management

Continue to be innovative, cutting-edge, and involved with education. Also, continue to be communicate laterally with all directors across all teams. It's a quality that I, along with many others, appreciate tremendously.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - City-Wide Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - City-Wide Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is one of the best perks, but even more important are my fantastic coworkers and supervisors. Not only do I love my job, but I feel good about what I do--for me, there's nothing more important than helping students succeed.

Cons

The hours can be a bit long, but since I work from home it's not that bad. There is less face-to-face interaction, but we Skype with each other all day so it feels like I'm working right next to my coworkers!

Varsity Tutors Response