Varsity Tutors - Smart company filled with talented, close-knit people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

"Smart company filled with talented, close-knit people"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors is a small company. The leadership is very focused. Managers are competent, helpful, and positive. Employees are given the option to work from home. Co-workers are friendly and always helpful. The size of the company creates opportunities to make a difference, and the quality of the management ensures that you will be recognized for the differences you make.

Cons

It is hard work. But everyone works hard, and the work feels important so it isn't really a bad thing.

Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors

"Great Innovative Corporate Culture"

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working from home and the flexibility Varsity Tutors provides. Even though my co-workers are in different cities, we get along really well and everyone is a pleasure to work with. As the company continues to grow, it's great that the employees have the opportunity to contribute to ideas and the big picture. I feel that my opinion is valued and I am respected by my peers.

Cons

It's really hard to balance your work and personal life. It takes a lot of personal time management but it's not impossible.

Advice to Management

Please offer more professional development/training

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love being able to work from home! There is great flexibility and I enjoy the interactions that I have with people! The other employees that I have had the pleasure of working with and meeting have all been friendly and professional. I really love this job!

Cons

I really do not have anything bad to say, but it can be hard to "disconnect" sometimes.