Varsity Tutors - Positive Work Environment, Support from Management, Growing Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

"Positive Work Environment, Support from Management, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time

Pros

Management who listens and responds, friendly co-workers, fast-paced and challenging environment, tasks are enjoyable, technology bonus provided for new computers

Cons

Some evening and weekend work is required and I put in very long hours, but since I enjoy my job and believe in the company, I don't mind the extra time.

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening and having an "open-door' policy in regards to suggestions and improvements for our jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors

1. "An amazing company!"

Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY

I have been working at Varsity Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors provides wonderful experiences for their students, parents, and tutors. I have been working with them in the New York/New Jersey area for some time, and I am constantly impressed with how the staff continually goes the extra mile to accommodate the client's request and the tutor's needs. The organization is so well-organized that there is never a problem with payment. If one is diligent in logging one's own hours, the payment is always exact and timely. Also, having been a classroom teacher in a public school system for many years, I thought I would have to forego organizational assistance and support working as a tutor, but Varsity feels like a touch of home. I have worked for other tutoring organizations, but Varsity Tutors outshines them all. Bravo!!!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints.

2. "Smart company filled with talented, close-knit people"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors is a small company. The leadership is very focused. Managers are competent, helpful, and positive. Employees are given the option to work from home. Co-workers are friendly and always helpful. The size of the company creates opportunities to make a difference, and the quality of the management ensures that you will be recognized for the differences you make.

Cons

It is hard work. But everyone works hard, and the work feels important so it isn't really a bad thing.