Vector Marketing - Gives you the experience that will put you ahead of fellow classmates when looking for a job after college graduation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vector Marketing

"Gives you the experience that will put you ahead of fellow classmates when looking for a job after college graduation"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No matter what you decide to major in in college, the skills you develop at Vector will help you in whatever you want to do. Time management is a huge skill you will learn here. Also, communicating with people, being more confident in yourself, basics of business and marketing, phone skills, setting goals and achieving them. Everyone here supports and helps each other, it is truly a great environment to work in. Since starting here about 2-3 years ago I have learned so much about myself and what I am capable of if I put in the effort, and have become SO much more confident. There is a great opportunity for advancement as well as awesome resume experience, especially for someone in college. I recommend that everyone give this job a try, because you never know what could come from it. Its been my income for the last few years and I'm doing just fine

Cons

There are only cons to working at Vector if you are lazy and are the kind of person that puts minimal effort but expects big results. The job is what you put into it, your paycheck directly relates to how hard you work. Which actually is a positive. Why would you want to work harder than someone else and get paid the same?

Other Employee Reviews for Vector Marketing

"soul sucking. do anything else."

Former Employee - Receptionist in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good coworkers. got paid slightly above minimum wage.

Cons

Horrible, inexperienced boss. When he ran out of money, I was paid late. And then he closed the office without informing me or anyone else and never paid me for 2 weeks of work.

And that's just the money.

Being a receptionist is actually telemarketing. To people who are either uninterested or desperate.

Advice to Management

The way the company is run is an unethical joke. Hold managers accountable for paying employees.

"Misrepresents Itself, Cons Students & Young Adults"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

70% employee discount on Cutco is nice; Direct sales training is realistic and useful. If you are looking for a super-flexible sales job for something people might actually want, here you go.

Cons

Perhaps it was just the branch I worked with, but I absolutely felt I was being used for my personal contacts and there was no support for me as a relative newcomer to the area. It seemed I was useless to the company without a huge number of local, middle-aged, married couples who've known me since I was in diapers and whom I could make sad puppy eyes to while reciting the sales pitch.

Advice to Management

I realize this is the formula that works, but you're missing out on opportunities for motivated, ambitious, young adults to work for your company if they can only start out selling to personal contacts.