Velti - Worst management team I've ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Velti

"Worst management team I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Velti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location; some decent US management

Cons

The company is headquartered in Greece and they do not understand the way business is done in the US. When I worked there bills were not paid for over 6 months, the phone was shut off for lack of payment, we lost the Fed Ex account because the bills weren't paid, contractors had to threaten to sue in order to get paid, and even then, it took awhile. Management didn't listen; they were always right. Very unethical business decision making.

Advice to Management

Listen to people; sometimes they have good ideas and know the right way to do things. Get a professional management team in there who know how to ethically run a company.

Other Employee Reviews for Velti

"Dysfunctional & Fragmented"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Velti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting industry and good office locations. Potential to do interesting work in a high growth sector.

Cons

Zero management direction, communication or respect for employees -- or each other. Completely untrustworthy and unethical. Very unfriendly, unhappy and vicious culture. Constant and visible infighting.

Employees are treated like napkins -- to be used and discarded. Employees get yelled at in the hallways. No career paths or development programs. No cooperation, planning, or coordination within or across functions and business units. Lack of systems or processes. Excessive politics and bureaucracy.

Velti's money is made by selling SMS gamification solutions to mobile operators in -- a murky business that the US heavily restricts. They've purchased a number of companies in an attempt to diversify, but failed to integrate the products or people. No agency or brand has adopted Velti’s self-service platform because it doesn't exist. The product organization is a rudderless, sinking ship.

They are not a network -- InMobi and other mobile ad network leaders don't see Velti as a competitor. The exchange is a mess and losing share. Services lacks defined solutions and project management capabilities leading to overworked employees, scope creep and quality issues.

Advice to Management

Recognize and act on your strengths and weaknesses: you're good at starting a company; you're terrible at running a company. Bring in professional managers who have proven management experience. This is the only way to sustainably increase share value.

"Velti Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Velti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to speak of.

Cons

The most poorly managed company I've ever been associated with in my 25 year career. They didn't make decisions, didn't communicate, didn't settle on strategy, continually changed business models, re-organized the divisions every 3 months, wasted tens of thousands of dollars in needless travel, and then wondered why they were not realizing revenue.

Advice to Management

Be grateful to be one of a very few big players in the market. You can't help but stumble over business.