Vencore - Feels like Lockheed Martin Jr. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vencore

"Feels like Lockheed Martin Jr."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Vencore full-time

Pros

With the recent divestiture from a major defense contractor and becoming a stand-alone company, The SI has the genetic makeup of a big player. The area of work The SI focuses on is dynamic and growing. Opportunity vibrates at The SI !

Cons

There is a general feel of being like a Chihuahua - a small dog with a big dog attitude. Many functionalities seemed ingrained in the 'old' LMCO behaviors. Functional groups within The SI need to adapt a more dynamic fluid momentum and stop plodding along in LMCO's big ill-fitting shoes.

Advice to Management

Educate management levels in all of the SI functions they will touch; for example, capture managers should fully understand the processes and functions of *all* teaming support organizations, not just contracts and finance...and so on.

Other Employee Reviews for Vencore

1. "Fun."

Current Employee - Security Guard in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Chantilly, VA

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in

Cons

Little chance for moving up at the moment

2. "Great company for everything but the benefits"

I have been working at Vencore full-time

Pros

So far, my experience with the company has been very positive. I work with the customer, who is great, and the job is very technology focused, challenging, and can be quite intense. I love that environment, but its not for everyone. Management is solid, maybe a little too dense (too many layers), and there a lot of areas to go to.

Cons

The benefits are meh. Leave doesn't take into account where you are in your career. Asking all employees to work an extra hour a week just sucks (you're required to do this if you expect a raise at the end of the year). You get penalized if your spouse works and you want to add them to your insurance. I am talking a VERY large penalty (about $400 a month).

Advice to Management

- The medical insurance will be enough to make me leave if my husband's insurance ever decides to do the same thing.