Venetian Casino Resort Inc - Exceptional Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Venetian Casino Resort Inc

"Exceptional Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc (More than 8 years)

Pros

The new Employment Center is amazing! It now represents the company!

Cons

Phone system sometimes loses you.

Other Employee Reviews for Venetian Casino Resort Inc

"Poker Dealer"

Former Employee - Tournament Poker Dealer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Tournament Poker Dealer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

less ' violent' atmosphere of cash game players than the WSOP.

Cons

I was 32 years old,some older, obviously regular players were extremely rude, impatient, and cruel. High Limit Tables toke absolutely terrible and extremely rude as well.Management hired me in with little experience, kept me on board for the busy season,scheduled me to work the next tournament, then abruptly terminated my employment a week prior to the fall tournament.I had resigned my apartment lease and stayed in town because Management scheduled me for the next tournament. UNSTABLE WORK AND DECEPTIVE MANAGEMENT.the owner donated a record setting 50 MILLION!!! dollars to the last presidential campaigan but didnt keep an employee on for $8 an hour. TWo Faced Management. DO Not Trust in the Venetian.

Advice to Management

you shouldnt hire someone in the first place if you have no intention to keep then on board, continuosly educate and train, and or be honest with your future intentions and goals with employees.

2. "This is a very easy place to work for."

Current Employee - Casino Floorperson in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Casino Floorperson in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full time work is available with many different types of jobs offered. The pay is good. The benefits are above average. The work load is light. The level of personal responsibility is low.

Cons

Managers are very inexperienced. Everything is micromanaged. Managers really don't understand their own department rules and regulations. It is the worst run company I have ever seen in 20 years and will be because management is a poor judge of character and rarely promotes the right people for the right reason. The "good ole boy" system still thrives here. Most of the employees only receive only monetary compensation for a job well done and no personal pride is put into the workplace.

Advice to Management

Really get on the floor and not only listen to your front line employees but be proactive to handle their complaints as they control the flow of revenue by direct interaction with the clients every day. At bare minimum follow your department procedures and guidelines as well as hold your team members responsible for doing so for this will actually reward the good employees that already do so. Take advise and action from those employees that may be more experienced or intelligent than yourself for this will make you appear more intelligent and reasonable.