Vera Bradley - Warm Welcome | Glassdoor

"Warm Welcome"

Former Employee - Summer Sales Associate in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Summer Sales Associate in Frisco, TX

I worked at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved to Frisco, TX in Summer 2012 to stay with my dad and get used to the area prior to my anticipated college graduation date. Since I grew up and went to school in Edmond, OK, I didn't know anyone in Texas. Not only did I receive a fabulous first Texas job in Vera Bradley, but I added on to my family. The women I grew to know and become close with are the most welcoming and entertaining group of coworkers that I've ever had. They are so enthusiastic about their work and the company. They taught me to perfect my customer relations skills and were patient and helpful when it came to my being directionally challenged. Every day I went in was a new experience in a welcoming, comedic, and passionate environment.

Cons

I had no negative experiences with this position/company.

Advice to Management

The Vera Bradley in Frisco, TX has the best management around!

Other Employee Reviews for Vera Bradley

"The things you need to learn are overwhelming."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Pros

Vera Bradley has a great company structure overall. How the customers are treated is very classy and they employ nice people.

Cons

Some of the lower level managers I've experienced act condescending towards their employees. The higher level managers are very nice and understanding.

Advice to Management

Some people are able to do read guests and situations better than others can. Pushing sales isn't a comfortable task for many people.

"Best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Store Associate
    Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Vera Bradley mostly because of the company's Core Values. Our core values include having fun, being fussy, showing respect, being humble, and honesty. I have made so many great friends working for Vera Bradley, and I have learned so much about myself because of this job. It pushes me to be a better person, and I know that no matter how bad my day can be, someone at work will always manage to make me laugh.

Cons

The major pain in the butt for me has got to be the tags on all the items. They always get stuck in the zippers, and when I'm showing an item to a guest, they think it's a defect when the zipper doesn't want to close. I wish there were a better way to store the tags. Other than that, there aren't really any cons.

Advice to Management

A piece of advice I would share with my upper management is that they should be more humble. It's okay to let me help you. You don't have to take care of every little thing all by yourself. That's why you hired us, so we can help you.