VeriPic - This job will challeng your skills.... in a good way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for VeriPic

"This job will challeng your skills.... in a good way."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is top notch. You would normally not expect it for a mid-sized company but everything is extremely organized. You start with 2 weeks of orientation and training where every hour of the process is scripted with information about the products and the market. Then you are mentored by being assigned to one senior team member who will show you how it's done. Every process is documented so if you have any question about anything you can easily get the answer.

Cons

The company used to be smaller and more cozy. As the company's reputation got better and better growth set in and it's gotten to the point where the people that I knew at the begining are only a small fraction of the total number of people. I left last year and it had a great environment then and now as far as I know. I hope that growth doesn't change the environment going forward.

Advice to Management

Even with your growth and success I hope you will continue to work hard to keep the culture and environment the same as in years past.

Other Employee Reviews for VeriPic

"Mixed bag of greatness with some minor stress"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Culture where stated Values are adhered to. Exceptions are few and stand out like sore thumbs. Employees are allowed a good amount of freedom and there is a level of trust between the leadership and the individual contributors that I've not seen at any other company I've been at.

People are given mind share to introduce intelligent change into the organization.

I love the benefits package.

Cons

VeriPic is a very customer-driven company, so most decisions are made to cater to customers. This sometimes puts stress on the employees but I understand this is necessary because this is a growing company and customer satisfaction is what drives growth. THe planned growth in 2014 is 95% year over year which is extremely agressive. We'll have to wait and see if we adhere to plan.

Advice to Management

Get out of the "Bay Area Only" mindset. Learn to have teams in states other than California. That will help the company grow.

"Totally awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training !!!

I came here with a good education but no prior knowledge of government sales. The management taught me everything. Now I know all about bids, RFPs, budget cycles, sole source, etc.

The management here is excellent. Sarah Dempsey is a top notch manager and knows every little detail about the needs of Law Enforcement and why our product is right for them. John Kwan, our founder, and Tony Chang the head of engineering are some of the world's smartest engineers and really know the software industry. They have lots of stories to tell from other companies where they've worked at before. Lots of experience between all of them.

If you want some of the world's best training this is the place to be.

Cons

I wish I could have gone to more conferences. Those are really fun to be at.

Advice to Management

Rotate people to the conferences more often so that everybody in the sales staff gets several chances to go to a conference each year.