Verifone - Lots of internal changes, some instability, slow moving company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verifone

"Lots of internal changes, some instability, slow moving company."

I have been working at Verifone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, hours are pretty flexible, some people work remote which is a nice perk.

Cons

Lots of recent management changes which causes uncertainty, not much cross-functional training.

Advice to Management

Needs more cash based incentives. More perks at the office would be nice.

Other Employee Reviews for Verifone

"helpdesk- customer satisfaction is secondary"

I have been working at Verifone full-time

Pros

Decent pay, co-workers are nice

Cons

Old equipment, computers, chairs all need replacements. We're treated like kindergartners, can't go to break, even a bathroom break without permission or a tag at our desk. We have 1 single break tag for a staff of upwards of 30 people.

Any sembelance of a helpdesk meeting where the employees have a forum for input hasn't happened in over 3 years.

Extremely complex troubleshooting that increases on a constant basis with software that never works properly, we always are putting in patches to fix the software, or "sniffers" to help the engineeers find the problems that shouldn't have been out in the field to begin with.

A knowledge base that is not updated properly or routinely by anyone who knows what they're doing, no time for the employees to update it, as we're always expected to be on calls.

Customer satisfaction is no longer the main priority, its meeting all of the statistical numbers. On every call we're expected to fill out case types one two and three, priority code, severity code, follow up code, 5 different case notes fields in 8 different formats (PAPAVACS), ticket number, title in proper format, close the case, put closing case types one and two, fill out a closing statement, then finally close the case. Oh, and we now get 45 entire seconds to complete all of these tasks after our calls, in addition to a new phone system which ALSO requires us to fill out 3 fields each call.

Call quality and resolution has taken a backseat to "looking good for the numbers". Our database of site information is completely and totally inaccurate, but no one is assigned to review and ensure the information is correct. Our new phone system is based upon this inaccurate database as well, ensuring many customers reach the wrong helpdesk each time.

There is another supplemental desk that has basically destroyed any sense of usefulness for the rest of the company. They're clueless, mess things up all the time and then transfer the calls so we have to clean up after them. Management completely gave up on training them.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a massive overhaul of the helpdesk environment, top to bottom. I don't mean getting rid of anyone in the office, quite the contrary, there needs to be actual people who update the knowledge base who know petro equipment. It should have information that is brought up when a certain type of caller comes on the phone, so the documentation is right there, not in a search of 50 articles every time.

There needs to be a more visible interaction between the information we add to each case and how those numbers are actually used. What benefit do filling out all of these different things do for us? for the customer?

Staff morale is declining rapidly while stress is increasing. The recent shakeups at the top and the new, horrendous phone system don't help anyone feel good about working there. There are already several long term employees who are actively seeking other offers, so the rest of the helpdesk will be even more backed up with calls.

2. "The strong will thrive and the weak will perish. Changed my life for better."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Verifone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for driven individuals to shine.
    Active, Industry leader. There is always a new product or project in the pipeline.
    Hires and promotes from within first.
    Recognition is given and performance is rewarded.
    Company wide week long shutdown 2x a year = time off without work piling up.

Cons

Sink or swim approach to new hires. Works well when hiring from within but outsiders need to quick and capable to make it here. Aggressive approach to the marketplace means many positions require the employee to remain "always on". Slackers and B team players need not apply.