Verify - Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verify

"Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives"

Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT
Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Verify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication bettween the contractor (Verify), the customer (Sikorsky), and it's suppliers.
From the computer terminal, you can get access to various customer specifications as well as goverment specs. You get to know the assets and limitations of the supplier (or CQR) and can arbitrate (if possible) any issues that come up on the site

Cons

Too much quibbling over variations in milage and commute times between 2 points. There are always going to be variations in speed, type of driving, and route taken. An example; in the New York metro area, you take the county routes early (before 7 am) and late (after 3 pm) and in between you take the expressway or parkways. I would frequently have to contact payroll in Texas that the traffic on a paticular day required me to take a longer route in order to save time. Often commuting to the same places. Repeatedly.

Advice to Management

Supply the DQR with a texting application or device where he or she can send the odometer readings (to Texas)before leaving and after he or she arrives, before leaving the car. The demands put on the DQR on site make it awkward to remember what the readings are. Verify can even supply a low tech "trip sheet" (simular to what cabbies use) to jot down odometer readings fore and aft a dispatch.

Other Employee Reviews for Verify

1. "independent contractor - Quality management systems/ environmental health and safety"

Former Freelancer - Quality/EH&S Consultant in Shreveport, LA
    Former Freelancer - Quality/EH&S Consultant in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Verify (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have an extensive background as a quality assurance professional. As such, I have the ability to hit the road running and in a quick study. I provide solutions and insight to an array of problems arising in quality utilizing six Sigma lean manufacturing tools and methodologies.

Cons

The biggest downside is that employment is not stable and therefore the instability reproduces stress and anxiety. In addition there is little gratification and working as a temporary employee of the company due to the fact that most times I’m not satisfied with the work is been completed as needed.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can give to management is number one ensure your employees are trained properly into providing your employees the appropriate tools to do their job thus succeeding as an employee. Number three communication is imperative, therefore ensure employees have a clear understanding as to what their role is and what Is expected from them.

2. "recruiter"

I worked at Verify full-time

Pros

The Company loves it's employees!

Cons

The pay is pretty good, could be better

Advice to Management

commission would be nice