Verify - Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verify

"Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives"

Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT
Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Verify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication bettween the contractor (Verify), the customer (Sikorsky), and it's suppliers.
From the computer terminal, you can get access to various customer specifications as well as goverment specs. You get to know the assets and limitations of the supplier (or CQR) and can arbitrate (if possible) any issues that come up on the site

Cons

Too much quibbling over variations in milage and commute times between 2 points. There are always going to be variations in speed, type of driving, and route taken. An example; in the New York metro area, you take the county routes early (before 7 am) and late (after 3 pm) and in between you take the expressway or parkways. I would frequently have to contact payroll in Texas that the traffic on a paticular day required me to take a longer route in order to save time. Often commuting to the same places. Repeatedly.

Advice to Management

Supply the DQR with a texting application or device where he or she can send the odometer readings (to Texas)before leaving and after he or she arrives, before leaving the car. The demands put on the DQR on site make it awkward to remember what the readings are. Verify can even supply a low tech "trip sheet" (simular to what cabbies use) to jot down odometer readings fore and aft a dispatch.

Other Employee Reviews for Verify

1. "Programs"

Current Employee - Programs
    Current Employee - Programs

I have been working at Verify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to do different things. Every day is different. Always learning and now more formally. Blue chip customers. Aerospace is a cool industry. Enjoy working with most of my colleagues. Feels like family. Leadership has gelled. Company is resurging.

Cons

There are still a few people who have worked here a long time and carry baggage about ERP problems from a couple years ago. Systems improvements happening, but slower than hoped for. Heavy reliance on aerospace. Diversification is limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the workshops and training. The more we learn, the more interesting the work, the better we do. Thank you for appreciating us. It is showing. Don't let the negative people have such a loud voice. Find out why they are still here. They are a drain on the culture.

2. "Supplier Quality Rep"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Verify as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the ability to work as much as I like

Cons

Not enough jobs in the southeast