Verizon - Takeovers Are No Fun | Glassdoor

"Takeovers Are No Fun"

Current Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a decent salary given the amount of work I do. I have freedom to complete projects my own way as long as they are done correctly.

Cons

Many managers have built small empires in an attempt to gain power. These empires fight among themselves and prevent company growth.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees. Don't tell them middle managers about what was said by whom.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

"Sales Compensation Off Pace"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good mid-level management and managers. Great product set for Enterprise and corporate customers. If you are in the enterprise space it is a great place to make some real money.

Cons

Weak compensation plan for sales reps and sales engineers. Executive team is focused on enterprise level customer and has forgotten the mid market customers. Inexperienced inside sales teams make it difficult for sales engineer teams to make quota.

Advice to Management

Refocus on the mid market tier.

"Big Company work experience, ends with frustration"

Former Employee - Specialist in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Big Company, Excellent Pay and Benefits, Strong Product set and market share, many opportunities for lateral and upward moves. Flexible work schedules, working remotely, professional work environment, global company.

Cons

Big company, aggressive acquisitions and integrations. Sends jobs overseas. Too many reorganizations occurring with acquisitions and integrations. Loss of knowledge base through deep cuts in some product areas. Large management structure.

Advice to Management

Examine your knowledge base with regards to engineers and talent. Eliminate layers of management. Avoid "reverse" integrations. Shrink the Product Set. Focus on your world class network infrastructure and learn to leverage it for the asset it is, instead of creating services on top of it. Give your employees a better work/life balance.