Verizon - Overall, I loved working @ Verizon | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

"Overall, I loved working @ Verizon"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of.opportunity to move within the company. They promote from within. Lots of training & education.

Cons

I was a 33 year employee when they outsourced our jobs to Manila &.laid us all off. But the asked us to go there &.train them first.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Disconnects"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

exciting times in technology, great portfolio of solutions and services to sell, direction feels right from the top, platform approach, simplification, customer experience focus, six sigma introduction.

Cons

....somewhere between the vision from the top of the mountain.... down to the soldiers that are ready, willing and anxious to go forth and execute....there is a giant clog in the pipe. Very difficult to get things done, there is no "culture"....morale is horrible. Organization feels like it lacks alignment in order to achieve the established goals. Multiple internal groups with competing agendas.

Advice to Management

The direction we are heading is exciting, there needs to be more focus and visibility on following the communication and the tool sets from the top of the mountain, down to the soldiers and back to the top again. Cut out the political/ internal barriers that waste time and take energy away that could be spent better focused on customer experience.

"Under Constant Attack"

Current Employee - Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is good. The benefits are good. Job is good, and the people I work with are great. Flexible working environment.

Cons

The management team seem to hate the American part of their workforce. Constant RIFs. As soon as one is done, another is in the works. Outsourcing to India where the workforce seems totally clueless.

Advice to Management

I think that everyone would forgo raises so they could keep their jobs. Why do you not see the value of people who've been doing their jobs for 20+ years? You should be retaining every one of us who knows how things work.