Verizon - Unwieldy bureaucracy, poor leadership, good compensation, outstanding coworkers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

"Unwieldy bureaucracy, poor leadership, good compensation, outstanding coworkers."

Former Employee - Manager I in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Manager I in Southfield, MI

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the largest IT environments around means plenty of scope. VZ has enough capital to keep the environment reasonably modern. Downsizing through the 200xs meant that the people remaining when I left were generally outstanding.

Cons

Senior management displayed indifferent leadership skills. Pressure to keep costs down was rapidly hitting the point of trying to get blood from a stone. Work-life balance was kind of a joke.

Advice to Management

Conduct 360 reviews of all management staff to differentiate people who just give orders from actual leaders.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Very intimidating management"

Former Employee - Cable Splicer in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Cable Splicer in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay if you are union. Best in the industry. Great benefits as well. Great craft people who know their job.

Cons

cruel sociopathic management style. Will suspend or terminate at the drop of a hat just to improve bottom line. over 100,000 complaints to the EEOC for unwarranted discipline and terminations. They are known to sabotage employees with false accusations all the time to cut costs at any cost. upper management likes to pretend they can't afford labor costs while enriching themselves generously.

Advice to Management

Don't give in to the pressure to find ways to preserve your career at the expense of lower ranking employees. Abide by the code of conduct. what goes around comes around.

2. "Verizon the money machine"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made a lot of money and well compensated for my work. including company paid trips, prizes, and bonus pay.

Cons

long hours, stressful work environment

Advice to Management

better labor relationship