Verizon - Telecommunications Sales Consultant | Glassdoor

"Telecommunications Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A huge company with opportunities nationwide and overseas. They have fantastic benefits and employee perks. In sales you have an opportunity to make money and be on the cutting edge of technology. Union protection.

Cons

Management is not always the best.You can move up but in some cases it will take time. Some long time employees do not want to give up their position. This company is about the bottom line and its shareholders. Sometimes giving unrealistic quotas to meet. Too much like big brother.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your employees and see where they are good at. Give them opportunities to shine elsewhere if that is where their talent is. Give employees a chance to move around and network and build business outside of work.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Technical Coordinator 1"

Former Employee - Technical Coordinator I in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Coordinator I in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good motivation and quality products. great training and product knowledge. many cellular vendors came to our center and explained clearly their products. good pay for a call center job and rewards for good performance, like getting better work schedules, bonuses, and selling contests. I won a motorola xoom for placing second in a tablet selling competition.

Cons

it was a call center environment, which means poor scheduling, uneducated management, numerous restrictions, insane kpi's, some 30 and 45 minute lunches, strict adherence to schedule, and so on..

2. "Review of VZ Land Line"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits, thanks to the hard efforts put forth by the Communications Workers of America

Cons

Upper management wants to destroy the union, lowering wages to comparable levels of those on the other side of the Verizon house---Verizon Wireless, which is non-union.

Advice to Management

Collective Bargaining enhances quality of life. Treat your employees with dignity and respect and they will produce for you.