Verizon - Best job I've ever had | Glassdoor

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My manager is very flexible. I have a great team. The culture has remained the same even through a multitude of changes over the last couple of years.

Cons

Because we have people located internationally, sometimes its hard to get things done in a timely manner. Lately the focus has been off the people and the bottom line to an extent.

Advice to Management

Onshore the important things. People are important. Love your people! That is how companies remain successful.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "The Company You Work at for a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing opportunity to move around, move up, and truly manage your own career. This is a company that is really in the midst of transformation; things are changing for the better and if you are willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves, there's really no end to what you can achieve.

Cons

Pretty much the normal large corporation issues... Pettiness from poor managers, bureaucracy, etc. but this is what you find anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep shooting for iconic tech company status. Things are starting to improve in really amazing ways. I came to work for VZ because of our foundation of ethics and integrity, ad that has ever faltered fora a second.

"There is no such thing as "work life balance" just work balance"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good as long as you dont mind not doing anyting but work, dont plan on seeing your family

Cons

70 Hour work weeks, Management doesnt give a cr** about their employees expect to get calls at 8pm because your manager wants to help you edit the comments on your time sheet.
    Manager didnt have a problem calling me a liar on a conference call with clients, and generally
    put me down. Manager was derisive, and made several of my coworkers upset to the point
    of breaking down. He was one of the "successfull" managers under a "successful" director.
    You get the idea

Advice to Management

Where do I start?