Verizon - Great Company overall | Glassdoor

"Great Company overall"

Current Employee - Network Design Engineer in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Network Design Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Verizon is great company to work for. The benefits are good but not as great as my spouse insurance but less expensive. They do a lot of great community service.

Cons

I find it a little difficult to move around to other organizations/positions. There are many that want to expand their knowledge and grow and share their expertise but it's not easy.

Advice to Management

I think more job swapping or ways to grow those that want to grow and try something different.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Great Benefits and most of all Great pay for those who work hard for it!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunitites. As long as your self motivated and a fast learner, you can make easy moves throught the company. I started in the file room, went to customer service and now as a sales rep.

Cons

The only con is the location and time. The commute takes 1 1/2 hour to get to the northwest suburbs. Also I wish I could arrive much later than 8am

2. "Loved the job"

Former Employee - Specialist - Network Operations - CNS in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist - Network Operations - CNS in Irving, TX

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary, generally left alone to do my work, allowed to pursue personal interests as long as I could make a case that it will help the workgroup (i.e., writing programs to assist the group in creating trouble-tickets as an excuse to learn a new computer language on company time)

Cons

Seemingly constantly in flux. Very hard to feel secure for more than a few years at a time. Rare to have the same boss for more than a couple of years ... either you or they were constantly encouraged to move along. Of course, there is wisdom in having the workforce cross-trained in several departments, but some of us are home bodies and want to do a job that we are already good at and not have to learn a whole new something-or-other just to keep management happy.

Advice to Management

Considering all that has happened in the industry in the past 30 years, I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing and that I never would have made the right decisions.