Verizon - Demoralizing | Glassdoor

"Demoralizing"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The salaries are okay, if you want personal growth you better learn it yourself

Cons

70% of IT Vice Presidents are Indian. Whole teams may have 1 American. Constantly having RIFS where the older Americans are let go and more new, young Indians are hired. There is no work balance, if they have something they want done, kiss your weekends or nights good-bye. There is little if any leadership. The VPs worry if you telecommute when they should be looking at strategic direction.

Advice to Management

You make your money here and lots of it, hire people born here.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Nap"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

All they have going for them is the money verizon gives for bonus. Terremark has nothing to do with that and if it was up to Terremark they would of kept it.

Cons

HR and management are a joke. Harassment seems to be a laughing matter and not cared about. The environment was hostile and supervisors micro manage. The supreme isles never had any management classes or training. When something goes wrong they are quick to point fingers and blame you. Must always keep documentation. Notes notes notes.... Emails emails emails,,,, everything you can write down do it to help your case. We are losing sooo many people in one of the departments because how unhappy the techs are and how they are underpaid. I feel sorry for the next group that walks in because they will prob be making less then half of the ones that left. By mid 2014 they would lose around 6 techs in one department I think that should cause some kinda of investigation from verizon into Terremark but really who cares at this point.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees because with out them there is no you. Don't just talk about the negatives talk about the positives the employee did. Clean out the last of the bad apples. Listen to advise!!!! I don't know how much I can stress that! Don't laugh and push people aside listen to what we have to say! We see stuff coming down the pipe most of the time before you do. Word to the wise time will be up and VZN will lay down the law :-) wish you the best of luck don't get you butt burnt.

2. "Huge IT Company"

Pros

If you like working in big company then Verizon is good

Cons

If You don't like working in Big company then Verizon is NOT good