Verizon - Great experience | Glassdoor

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Ashburn, VA
Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits - Tuition Assistance, 401K

Cons

Systems don't talk to each other

Advice to Management

do more side-by-sides to understand what job of subordinates entails

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Financial Services"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT benefits, decent pay for the industry, generous annual bonus, lots of paid time off, decent flexibility with your schedule, plenty of support from on site management, limited mobility to move up.

Cons

It is a call center. Calls are consistent and back to back. Lots of time off, but limited ability to use it unless it is scheduled months in advance. Most supervisors are there to help you and will do whatever they can, but some of the most important issues are out of their hands too.

Advice to Management

Get the Saturday schedule back under control. We were hired at 1 Saturday a month and now it we have to work every other Saturday. At the very least allow us to use our time on Saturdays or give us a little more flexibility with the Saturdays. Part of the reason I accepted this job was because I didn't want to work weekends!

"Depressing. Morale is Negative"

Current Employee - Client Executive in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and compensation are good.

Cons

All levels of management are incompetent, to put it bluntly.

Advice to Management

Stopping shaking the salesforce up all the darn time! This new sales alignment is a joke and you have killed my compensation for 2014.
    I do not need six different managers asking me the same question over and over.
    My manager is a micromanager and clueless to boot. Three calls a week to review funnel. Managing out of SFDC. STOP IT! Let me do my job and get out of my way!
    Verizon continues to RIF good, key people and offshore to Manila which is just pissing our clients off to no end.
    The morale here is shot. Process paralysis is killing this organization. Front line sales, like myself, have no pull in the company and no way of getting through the nightmare of processes.
    If you're new to Verizon and in sales, get ready to essentially be left on your own to figure out how to get anything done around here.