Verizon - Aggravating | Glassdoor

"Aggravating"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and very good pay. Lots of good people.

Cons

They tell you that you are empowered to make decisions but then criticize your decisions. They do change objectives and the way you work almost constantly, which aggravates. It seems as if they are making company policy changes as they go and/or on the 'fly'. They tell you to read and learn company policy between calls, which there never is. They micro-manage you about going to the restroom. Last time I checked I was an adult and I'll go when I need to. I have literally seen reps 'wet' themselves for fear of going to the bathroom. The one thing I learned most about working at Verizon is that anything you say can and will be used against you. They have a tendency to throw your answers, your responses to their questions, back in your face as if you are always wrong. Education not considered important for advancement, only experience. Lots of P.C. speak. Reps were told to transfer calls to other reps when a customer wanted to speak to a supervisor.

Advice to Management

Let your people do their jobs without constantly changing the way you do business. It gets aggravating having to adjust or change at a moment's notice. Also, I understood that the needs of the business needs to taken care of but it is always the customer's who come first, not the investors.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "it help desk"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its chill and nice company

Cons

bad mangers and tough hours

Advice to Management

get new mangers

"Fantastic if you find the right group"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome group of coworkers, interesting projects, everyone is telecommute and the hours flexible. Top of market salary. Lots of hardware to play with. Mutual trust and respect all over the place. Been here three years now and still liking it a lot.

Cons

It's a huge company, around 200k worldwide, so there's big-corp idiocy in places like IT and HR. If you get the wrong group, it's a bad place to work. And of course, epic politics; there's real money in play.

Advice to Management

Reopen the FIOS project: the country needs it and the profit is there to be had. Work harder to collaborate with other groups in the company.