Verizon - Let's Get Verizon Back to Greatness! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

"Let's Get Verizon Back to Greatness!"

Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA

Pros

For me - my work location, my manager and colleagues. We really work as a team and rely on each other. I work hard and my manager and director appreciate my efforts.

Cons

I feel Verizon has lost focus on the customer. With outsourcing jobs and laying off US employees to make the company lean and streamlined, they are not seeing what it is doing to our image as a first class telecommunications company.

Advice to Management

Don't bow so much to unions and keep the jobs in the US. Let's keep the money in our economy and not in the Philippines, India and Mexico.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. "Great benefits package, but too much micromanagement and focus on internal stats at Verizon Teleproducts."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Chester, PA

Pros

Union representation. Great Health Benefits. Nice amount of time off.

Cons

Lack of communication between management and workforce? Too much micromanagement..

Advice to Management

More focus needed for customers, not on internal stats.

2. "Great benefits at a price"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Cranberry, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Cranberry, PA

Pros

The best reason to work for them are the tuition prepay program and the fitness benefits. They also give a large amount of vacation days as compared to other places. This is probably due to the huge stress factor. Some other things that are great about the place is that there is lots of room to advance in the particular area that you started. The also offer the most training of any job I have ever worked at which is helpful for future career moves if you choose to eventually leave some day. Overall, not too bad but for a special kind of person.

Cons

The monitor everything you do. Everything!!!! If you go to the restroom long they know. Also, many times the scoring for your calls is inconsistent because supervisors move around so much. Very Frustrating!!!! The role of the CSR there is very comprehensive. You are s subject matter expert at everything starting off which isn't a bad thing but the job is pretty much sitting in front of a computer all day staring at a computer listening to people yell at you. Not only does that stink but the atmosphere in the place is utterly horrible. Almost like your in a dog cage. If you've ever seen the movie Office Space, it is just like that but worse.

Advice to Management

more consistency in the front line management