Verizon Wireless - Earnings potential is only limited by your work ethic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Earnings potential is only limited by your work ethic"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Verizon is a great place and company to work for. The benefits are hard to beat and they even have a tuition reimbursement program. As a sales rep your earnings are only limited by how hard you want to work. Senior Management does a good job of disseminating needed information and expressing the company values and culture.

Cons

Because it is retail there is a high turn over rate. In those 2 years we went through several store level management changes so it was hard to develop a good team based work environment. At times a work life balance was hard to obtain even though it was much needed.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is doing a good job however I feel they need to train store level management to connect to employees better.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great Benefits, Good Pay only if you can deal with Uber MicroManagement"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Deer Park, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Deer Park, NY

Pros

Great health benefits, 401k matching, flexible with time off. Fairly easy commute. Sales rep are both salaried (with opportunity for overtime) and commission based. If you are a smooth/fast talker and are able to easily confuse customers into buying you can make big big bucks.

Cons

Recent changes in the sales approach have completely turned my stomach, as a sales rep we are forced to use a certain sales method with customers; this includes a regimented list of questions we must ask. The sales method is no longer personal. The company is turning people into robots. Recently sales quota has been completely unfair and unattainable. Upper management does not allow you to change from full time to part time, even if you want to peruse college. The company used to be very customer focused and loyal to their customers, now they nickel and dime everything. You no longer get a New Every Two credit (Phone discount between $30-$100) when upgrading you contract, you now get charged a $30 upgrade fee... a fee to sign a new contact!! I used to be very proud of my company, now I can't believe how much time I invested working for Verizon Wireless.

"All about numbers"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lima, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lima, OH

Pros

Pay and benefits are great. Hours are not bad to work, get paid vacations, holidays off.

Cons

All about numbers, if you don't put out the numbers you will get nowhere. No non sales jobs left, makes for a bad experience when no one is left to help customers and only people driven to sell. Close is never good enough, and goals are set so only the pushy can reach them. And then they Change every month so every month same performance leads to different results

Advice to Management

Seems like all the customer service is leaving Verizon and there are no positions to advance if your not a pushy sales person. Seems like there is no room for customer service driven people