Verizon Wireless - Great experience | Glassdoor

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Associate Director in Basking Ridge, NJ

Pros

Greatest company. Nice work. Innovative.

Cons

Career progression needs a godfather.

Advice to Management

Should have an employee/mangament scorecard, then picking favorites who have never delivered anything great.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

Fair pay, flexible time, great benefits, education assistance, career opportunities

This company paid for both my bachelers and masters degrees and has given me opportnity to advance from entry level to managerment

Cons

Phone discount is not high enough

Advice to Management

If you want us to promote our service give us at least one free line

"The golden age has passed"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

Pros

The best apart about being a VZW employee is the benefits. The health, dental, vision and life insurance are the best I have had in my career. They offer a large amount of tuition reimbursement and there aren't a lot of hoops to jump through to get it. Also, great savings on wireless services.

Cons

The hours fluctuate every week and often times required meetings are scheduled on days off. There is nothing like sitting through a meeting on your day off when an email would have sufficed. The commission structure has been adjusted so much in the last four years that the amount of work that paid 60k a few years ago is lucky to net you 38k. The quotas are uncontainable and they know it. This has driven the good sales reps to different companies.

There is a constant threat of being terminated based on your numbers. This is used as a motivational tool but it has created a lethargic work force.

This job has made me hate the iPhone and any basic phone because based off changes in the commission structure, they don't pay me to process them.

Employees can see the writing on the wall. The sales and cheaper prices are online and the store is unable to match them. This turns the sales force into "setup processors" for customers who bring their online phones in to activate.

Expect to spend 25% of your work day doing things that don't pay commission.

Advice to Management

Stop the smoke screen and start closing the large amount of stores you have.