Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless is a premier employer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Verizon Wireless is a premier employer"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Coordinator in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The advancement ability at VZW is all about where you want to go. There is a career path for nearly anything you would want to do. The career progression plan is well laid out and provides a solid knowledbe base for advancement. The company provides $8k annually for tuition program, 100% match on the first 6% we contribute to the fantastic 401k plan, we have backup care options, we have ample time off to manage for our needs. The employee phone program is a real plus, and what we pay for our health care premiums is awesome. We also have annual profit sharing, and an annual bonus we get based on our performance and the company performance. It can be up to 8% of my base pay for my position! There are so many positive things about this company and where I can go, it is hands down the best employer I have ever had. The performance based culture lets me define my future.

Cons

While I do have to work hard, come to work when I am scheduled, and stick to my lunch/break times when working at VZW, I do not think that those expectations are out of line.

Advice to Management

Stay involved, understand the front line CSR's and what they do day to day. Communicate clearly and insure the message is always consistant among the teams.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Not for everyone."

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Columbus, OH

Pros

Benefits, $8000 per year Tuition Assistance, 401k Matching, Yearly bonus, periodic bonuses.

Cons

Not for everyone, Competition with colleagues is highly encouraged, Questionable Sales tactics.

Advice to Management

Educate management on the "Why" of policies.

"Come to Verizon Wireless, We'll never start working!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The pay is pretty good. The culture seems relaxed, although VZ is trying to strongarm their way in.

Cons

Doing nothing is alot better and more stable. Trying to get ahead and do your job will just cause you grief, roadblocks and no rewards.
    Everyone seems to be in CYA mode, instead of working as a team to get the job done. Blaming others for their mistakes is often a better approach than admitting mistakes and working to resolve them

Advice to Management

Dont fire people based on their attempts to do the right thing.