Verizon Wireless - Good overall | Glassdoor

"Good overall"

Current Employee - Retail Representative Customer Support in Salinas, CA
Current Employee - Retail Representative Customer Support in Salinas, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was really good and people where good to work with.

Cons

It is a sales environment and you must be pushing all the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Face paced and ever changing"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent people. The company kept paced within the industry

Cons

Inconsistent policies throughout the company especially from region to region

"BE FOREWARNED"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Job if this is your 1st one right after graduation and you do not know any better. Read below for details.

Cons

You will work all holidays except for possibly 2 all year, so no 3 day weekends, no being with family or friends. Start out working 2PM to 11PM no weekends off. $14.90 per hour regardless of your experience, 3.5 % rise yearly if you meet certain metrics or 5% if you are perfect which is unattainable since a) you are not a robot and b) they find fault with anything so they don't have to pay you. To make the max you would have to be at 98% on your metrics and I calculated no more than 3 bad surveys per year, when you receive 3 per week. This also impacts your bonus that you get in February which can be $2000 and up. Customers know the survey thing so they can give you a bad score(anything less than 9 out of 10!) to screw you over and you are stuck with it. I got stuck with one who complained about a rep in a big box store-it was not even about me! Take a minimum of 35 calls per day back to back/no break in between or the phone logs you out. You will be told go to the bathroom on your break or lunch. They hassle you for going even if you are pregnant or have medical issues. They will say that their benefits are fantastic, but I have had MUCH better elsewhere. The only positive I can say is that medical benefits start day 1, which would only benefit you if you had a medical issue, otherwise waiting 3 months for medical wouldnt be a problem. They make you take your vacation time when you call in to take FMLA time(authorized medicaltime off). They say there is all this opportunity for advancement when there is little. It may seem like there is to someone just out of school. They are pretty vague about what the path is required to get from one place to another and how much time is required for each position. Some positions require a test but it always requires an interview which can be subjective. You cannot transfer from wireless to communications or vice versa for example(I was told you could). Each AD(associate director/your boss' boss) has their own rules so you will get dinged for not saying something on a call that isn't required by your friend who has a different AD. At one point I had 7 pieces of paper taped on my screen for what I was required to say. Needles to say stress is abundant.

Advice to Management

Be consistant with the metrics, otherwise they call it discrimination