Verizon Wireless - I love this company it has taught me the skills necessary to be successful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"I love this company it has taught me the skills necessary to be successful"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very structured willingness to help if you need it. This is a company where they dont fire you you fire yourself. The reason I say this is you can mess up and they still will coach you and develop you.I really miss this company ...I was laid off and not able to relocate...

Cons

None this was a good job

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Great company, horrible job and horrible leaders"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits, a lot of paid time off

Cons

Very poor leadership that creates a hostile work environment, very little support while on the calls, leaders expect you to be perfect on every call, but are very un-supportive if you need help, very high stress

Advice to Management

Higher better leaders, listen to your employees

2. "Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.