Verizon Wireless - Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR

Pros

Great pay, great people, great service. The management structure of stores is the most professional in the retail field. The tools given to us are phenomenal! I can stand behind my product and company and truly say I am behind Verizon wireless.

Cons

Lots of hours, asked for perfection, constantly bugged from management about performance. It is a very stressful job.

Advice to Management

I am proud to work for an amazing company! I might suggest flattening the management tiers and possibly restructure locations and sales compensation to merge with the companies goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Good company to work for, but 80% of credo are not followed by upper-management in sales department."

Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Dallas, TX

Pros

Verizon Wireless has good benefits

Cons

Its very hard to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Sales should be focus but should not be pressure to the retail levels where management gets threaten to do things which can cost them on their carrier path. Specially for the entry level management individual s.

"Just a sales job not a career"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

The company phone and discount on your personal cell account. They do give you training before you start working in the store, although it is very basic sales and if you have been in any basic business college courses you will be bored to tears by the end of the week. Like all big companies they spend a great deal of money on training their employees even if they realize that they will be gone in 6 months. If you like dealing with people on a daily basis then this is a good position for you but it may also make you somewhat burnt out when it comes to dealing with the public.

Cons

Hours, high turnover, ethical issues, shady salespeople. The company is run to make money and they seem to keep getting more greedy and care less and less for their employees. If you work hard and beat your quota they will just raise your quota the next month, then if you have a lean month they will write you up for not hitting your numbers. The company is not run well in the lower levels of management and the turnover rate is very high. I was in college at the time and they had told me before I accepted the positon that they would be flexiable with my schedule, simply untrue.

Advice to Management

take an honest look at yourself and see how you treat the frontline workers