Verizon Wireless - Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR

Pros

Great pay, great people, great service. The management structure of stores is the most professional in the retail field. The tools given to us are phenomenal! I can stand behind my product and company and truly say I am behind Verizon wireless.

Cons

Lots of hours, asked for perfection, constantly bugged from management about performance. It is a very stressful job.

Advice to Management

I am proud to work for an amazing company! I might suggest flattening the management tiers and possibly restructure locations and sales compensation to merge with the companies goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Verizon Wireless has great benefits and is a stable company but the leadership is awful and favoritism is very evident."

Current Employee - Coordinator, Customer Service in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Coordinator, Customer Service in Huntsville, AL

Pros

The benefits don't' get any better. tuition assistance, a top of the line matching 401k, health and dental.

Cons

My main complaint is the incompetency and unfairness of the direct leadership team. I often wonder how they. What I mean are the direct team leads and supervisors. It seems as if they are more concerned with the fact that they are a "supervisor" than they honestly do for their team. They are never there when you need them and only see them when they have to let it be known that they are supervisors.

Advice to Management

Remember when you were a rep or a lower position. Listen to your reps and be available, not in another superior's office talking about people, or trying to be seen by a person of the opposite gender in another department that has nothing to do with you. Why are you over there, we need our leadership here. Senior leadership needs to come up with a fair way to score supervisors on their performance, directly from the people who they affect most. The job on the phones is very stressful and hard enough, it makes it harder when we don't even see our supervisor until we have to.

2. "Great if you can stand it"

Former Employee - *no Wish to Answer*
    Former Employee - *no Wish to Answer*

Pros

Excellent pay. Benefits are better than most (though not as great as they will claim).

Cons

Stressful stressful work. The best is never good enough. Always demanding more hours and more job duties. Touts work life balance but does not really allow for one. Even harder on mid level managers than employees. Being surrounded by unhappy people that hate their job but are trapped by their pay is very depressing. Senior Leadership used to convey excitement and positivity. Now they convey negativity.

Advice to Management

Get back to what you do best. Be positive and take care of people. Stop the penny pinching where it should be last and start where spending is frivolous. Remember that you take care of your employees and the customers and the financial side will be there.